Terms and Conditions (Public Courses)
First Class First Aid Rules
- Attendance is compulsory for all sessions in order for a certificate to be issued
- Courses start promptly. Please be at the training venue at least 10 minutes before the start-time. Enjoy a hot drink and meet some of the other learners and your trainer. The trainer at their sole discretion will determine if a late attendee may enter the course.
- Crèche or child-minding facilities are not provided so please make other arrangements.
- Lunch is provided so let us know when booking if you have special dietary requirements and we can also provide water, tea and coffee for the small breaks.
- Course workbooks and pens are provided so you only need to bring yourself. First aid manuals and a certificate will be sent post course.
- Turn off mobile phones but please let the instructor know if you are expecting an urgent call but remember if you miss too much you may not receive your certificate.
- First Class First Aid may occasionally take photos of your group during the training, and these pictures may be used for promotional material for First Class First Aid programmes. If you do not wish images of yourself to be taken, please inform your instructor prior to the beginning of your course.
- No smoking or alcohol permitted within the training room. The trainer will advise if any specific training venue rules apply to the general site at the commencement of training.
- Instructors may request that disruptive participants be removed from the course when it is fair and reasonable to do so. In this case, the participant will be given the opportunity to put their view forward first.
- Instructors may, at their discretion, offer that participant the opportunity to complete the course with another instructor.
- All courses require an ability to speak and understand basic English. You must participate in practical first aid skills during the course.
- Courses are delivered at our First Class First Aid sites or at approved training sites. Regular reviews ensure all requirements are met.
- First Class First Aid encourages all people, regardless of disability to learn first aid. We also ensure that our learners are treated with respect and in a fair and reasonable manner that is consistent with our principles. If you have any concerns or particular requirements/difficulties that need any special assistance or have any specific learning needs, please notify us at enrollment and discuss this with the instructor. Our Trainers often provide great solutions.
Course fees will be charged at the price on our website at the date of the order, unless agreed otherwise by First Class First Aid. If the purchaser does not pay the amount owing by its due date, First Class First Aid may charge the purchaser interest at rates equal to the overdraft lending rate charged by First Class First Aids bank, and any discounts may be disallowed. The purchaser is liable for all costs incurred in the collection of overdue amounts.
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy
We guarantee to refund fees when:
- The course is cancelled or discontinued by First Class First Aid.
- The participant has a valid reason for discontinuing the course, e.g. medical.
- Where the above criteria are not met, and notification is received less than three working days before the course starts, we reserve the right to not provide a refund but we like looking after our clients so call us to discuss.
- If you forget to turn up for your course, we reserve the right to not refund you.
- If you are unwell on the day of the course, please let us know and we will reschedule you to another day.
First Class First Aid abides by the Privacy Act in all its dealings with learners. Personal information provided will not be used in a way that you would not reasonably expect, nor disclosed to a third party without permission. Confidentiality, privacy and respect are maintained at all times during courses.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact Information
- Computer or network
- Billing or purchase information
We collect your personal information in order to provide you training, course reminders and certificates.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you'd like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.
First Class First Aid instructors have a wide range of experience in emergency care. They have all successfully completed additional training as required by First Class First Aid’s Training Quality Management processes. Revalidation of Instructor Certificates is required, including a performance appraisal, professional development and minimum instructional hours.
Health and Safety
First Class First Aid prioritises the health, safety and wellbeing of trainers and learners. Please advise your instructor of any health problems you have. They will make appropriate arrangements to assist you to complete the course.
All staff, learners and visitors must adhere to our Health and Safety policies, Work Safe good practice guidance documents and all associated legislation. Any incidents will be recorded and reported accordingly and any reportable incident will be followed up immediately.
Grievances and Reassessment Appeals
In the unlikely event a Learner is dissatisfied with their course they should follow the grievance process outlined below. A grievance can relate to any aspect of the course, including assessment results, teaching style, interpersonal conflict, harassment or discrimination.
- In the first instance, speak with the course instructor.
- If the issue is still unresolved, speak with or write to the First Class First Aid National Training Director firstname.lastname@example.org. Written complaints must be sent to the National Training Director within 10 days of the course completion.
We will reply in writing to written complaints within five working days of their receipt. In our letter we will propose what action could be taken to resolve the grievance.